Sunday, February 22, 2009
Rosemary Bread like Macaroni Grill
This bread is delicious!! Seriously good. It tastes just like the bread they serve at macaroni grill. I couldn't get it quick as crunchy on the outside as the bread they serve, but the taste was awesome. I got the recipe from recipezaar.com. Some the the reviewers suggested putting an egg wash on the bread. I did that and it helped to get a nice brown crust.
Romano's Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread Recipe #64446
This is an attempt to immitate the excellent bread that is served in the Macaroni Grill Restaurant.
2½ hours | 2¼ hours prep
* 1 tablespoon yeast
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 cup warm water
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons rosemary
* 2 tablespoons butter
1. Place yeast, sugar and water in large bowl or food processor and allow mixture to become bubbly.
2. Mix in 1 T butter, salt, and 2 cups of flour.
3. Add one tablespoon of the fresh chopped rosemary.
4. Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or in food processor about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
5. Add more flour if necessary.
6. Oil a bowl, put dough in it and cover with a towel.
7. Let dough rise in a warm place for one hour until doubled.
8. Punch down dough and divide in half.
9. Let dough rest about 5 minutes.
10. Spray baking pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
11. Shape the dough into 2 small rounded oval loaves.
12. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tablespoon of rosemary over the loaves and press lightly into the surface.
13. Let loaves rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes.
14. Preheat oven to 375°F.
15. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
16. Carefully remove from oven, brush with remaining butter (and salt if desired.).
Posted by Kerstin at 10:52 AM