Monday, May 11, 2009

Shakey's Mojo Potatoes


When I was younger my family lived in Japan for a few years. One of the things my sister and I really liked to do with our friends was to go to take the train to Machida where they had really cool shops where we would get ID bracelets made and we would have lunch at Shakey's Pizza. We learned to love the pizza with corn on it that the Japanese eat. We never got into the squid pizza though. One of my favorite things at Shakey's was their potatoes. I know a little weird for a pizza place, but so so good. I tried this recipe that I found online for Shakey's Mojo Potatoes. They're not really like Shakey's ones but they were a delicious potato side dish.

Shakey's Mojo Potatoes
http://greensboring.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=329
Ingredients:
3 Potatoes
1/2 crushed chicken bouillon cube
3/4 teaspoon of salt
pinch of pepper
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
1/4 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Breadcrumbs ** Optional (This adds the bread like texture, but not necessary)

Directions:
1. Press potatoes using potato press.
2. Place potatoes on plate and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
3. Salt and allow to sit for 5 minutes
4..In a bowl mix cayenne, paprika, pepper, thyme, garlic, bouillon & oil.
7.Add fries, and mix with tongs.
8.Place on baking sheet.
9.Very Lightly sprinkle with bread crumbs* (optional)
10.Bake in preheated oven at 425F for 8 minutes.
11.Turn over and sprinkle with bread crumbs* & bake for an additional 8 minutes.

No comments: