Monday, March 2, 2009

Aloha Chicken and Cabbage Salad


My friend the Schoen's gave me the Aloha Chicken recipe a long time ago. It's SO SO good. This time I cooked bone in thighs. The cabbage salad is one my mom's been making for a long time. This time I put half cabbage and half spring mix. It turned out great.

Aloha Chicken

2 c Aloha Soy Sauce (any Hawaiian brand soy sauce will work.
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (it really needs to be thighs)
1 c sugar
1 T garlic, minced
2 t ginger, minced

Put all ingredients in a saucepan and boil for 45 mins. I put mine in a crock pot on low for about 6-7 hours.

Ramen – Cabbage Salad



1 head cabbage shredded (I like to use a mixture of green cabbage & red just for color)

4 T almonds slivered 4 green onions sliced

1 T sesame seeds 2 pkgs ramen noodles (I use either beef or oriental)

½ c oil 4 T sugar

1 t pepper 1/3 c rice vinegar

2 t salt



Shred cabbage (or better yet buy pre-shredded) and toss with onions. Roast seeds and nuts in the oven for a few minutes. Crumble the ramen noodles and set them aside. Combine the oil, sugar, pepper, salt, vinegar and ramen seasoning packet. Put all the ingredients together and add dressing just before serving. Toss.

No comments: