Monday, January 24, 2011
These gingerbread muffins are SOO good! My kids keep asking me to make more & more.
Adapted from the Bed and Breakfast Cookbook by Pamela Lanier
Of course you could make these as normal sized muffins or even a whole loaf, but that’s just not as fun!
1 cup of dark brown sugar
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup of molasses
1 cup buttermilk*
1/2 cup of melted butter
* If you don’t have buttermilk (I almost never do), just add 1 tbsp. of white vinegar to a cup of regular milk and let sit out for about 10 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray/butter muffin tins.
2. Combine sugar, flour, soda, salt and spices in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix the egg, molasses, milk, and butter.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just blended.
5. Add to muffin tins (about 3/4 full, these muffins don’t rise too much, so you don’t have to worry about them overflowing) and bake for 15 minutes. If making normal sized muffins, it’ll be more like 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Posted by Kerstin at 10:29 AM