Monday, October 29, 2012

Curry Pancit


Curry Pancit

I made this recipe from a pancit recipe my moms been making for years.

I put 10 cups of chicken broth in a pig pot. Add 1/4 c soy sauce (tamari to make it gluten free), 2 t fish sauce, 1 T sesame oil, and 2 T curry powder. Bring it to a boil and put in a shredded cooked rotisserie chicken, sliced green beans, sliced carrots, sliced onions, sliced celery or any other veggies you want to add. Once they're soft take them out with a large straining ladle and put in a large bowl. Then to the boiling broth add a package of pancit noodles. Cook the noodles for 5 minutes. Strain and add noodles to the veggies and mix well. I like to run a knife through the noodles a few times to break them into smaller pieces. Serve with lemon wedges if you like.

I love these noodles! They keep well in the fridge for several days.

No comments: