So yesterday I had a bunch of carrots I needed to
use. So instead of something healthy, I had an idea
of trying to make black bottom cupcakes, but
instead of making them with chocolate I thought
I would try carrot cake cupcakes with the cream
cheese baked in and a little fresh cream cheese
frosting on the outside. They turned out super super
super delicious! Matt said they're his 3rd favorite
cupcake ever! (I of course asked what his first and
second favorite are and being the sweet husband
that he is said, I can't think of any right now, but
I'm sure they're one's you made me.) I left the
pecans out of the recipe. This carrot cake recipe
in general is really good.
Carrot Cake III
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped pecans
|1.||Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.|
|2.||In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.|
|3.||Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.|
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 c sugar
1/8 t salt
4 oz cream cheese
½ c butter
1 c powdered sugar
(Cream cheese & butter together, add sugar and beat until fluffy & light)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix cupcakes according above carrot cake directions. It should make 24 cupcakes.
3. Fill 24 paper lined cupcake pan with cupcake mixture. Fill each one about 3/4 full.
4. Beat cream cheese. Then add egg, sugar and salt and mix until creamy.
5. Put 2 t of cream cheese mixture over cupcake batter.
6. Bake for about 20-22 mins or until done (test side of cupcake with a fork).
7. Chill until completely cooled.8. Top with frosting (since there is already cream cheese in the cupcake you don’t need much)