Friday, April 3, 2009

Ginger glazed Mahi Mahi



I made this recipe from allrecipes.com for dinner this week and it was really good. I served it with mashed sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus and roasted fresh beets topped with feta. I haven't had beets for years and years. I remember when I was little and one of my aunts made me eat beets at her house and I hated them. She made me eat a lot of them and I was not very happy about it. I was probably 6 or 7 at them time & ever since then I've hated them. I'm sure I've eaten them a few times since then to be polite, but they taste kind of like dirt to me. But I know they're really good for you, so I decided to find a recipe that would make me like them. I was watching Paula Deen a few weeks ago & she made a roasted beet salad where she topped the salad with feta. I love feta, so I thought I would try it. I just roasted the beets and asparagus together at 400 with some olive oil until tender & then topped the beets with some herbed feta &...I liked them! Yeah!

Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi


recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: DECODIANA
Photo By: Allrecipes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes

Ready In: 37 Minutes
Servings: 4
"This Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi is bursting with flavor and combines both sweet and sour taste sensations. The 30 minute prep time includes 20 minutes to marinate. This recipe is a snap and so delicious. You'll love it!"
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste

2 teaspoons olive oil
4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions:
1. In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, place them skin side down. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from the dish, and reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
3. Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistently. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.

No comments: