Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mom's Simply Super Salsa!




My mom makes the BEST salsa. It's so so good and the great thing is it's SO easy. I made some last week to go along with our shredded pork tacos. For the tacos I just put 4 thick Costco pork chops, 4 oz of roasted green chilies and 1 small can of mexican style tomato sauce in the crockpot and cooked it until it would shred (about 8 hours).

Mom's Simply Super Salsa

1 large can of whole tomatoes (I think it's 28 oz)
1 small can of sliced jalapenos (I think it's 4 oz)
garlic powder (to taste)
salt (to taste)

Just put the whole tomatoes in a blender (add as much juice from the can as you want for the consistency you like). Then add the jalapenos & a few dashes of garlic and salt. Then blend and taste. Keep adding salt and garlic powder to taste (the longer it sits the more the garlic and salt will come out, so don't over season). You can also add more jalapenos if you want it spicier.

No comments: