Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fruit Pizza



My friend Heather asked me to make this for a bridal shower she threw a few weeks ago. It's a recipe my mom has been making for a long time. It's a little bit of work, but it's so so good.

Fruit Pizza
Crust: Homemade sugar cookie dough, or store bought
Press into a greased round pizza pan, and bake as directed (I used a large rectangle pan). Cool completely.

Cream Cheese Filling: (Make glaze below before the filling)
8 oz cream cheese
2 t vanilla
1/2 c powdered sugar
Mix together and spread onto cooled cookie dough

Fresh sliced fruit layer: use fruit in season, bananas, apples, peaches, kiwi, mango, grapes, strawberries, cherries, etc. Decorate however you want with the fruit. This time I diced all the fruit and put it in rows so it would be easy to cut.

Glaze: (Make before the cream cheese so it has time to cool)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c water
1 c orange juice - not concentrate
2 T cornstarch

Mix all together in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cool before lightly spreading on fruit. This glaze will keep the fruit from getting brown.

Chill and serve with cool whip.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This looks amazing and so yummy! I would love to try it! I also love food and trying new recipes like you. I post them on The Sisterhood of the Traveling Recipes blog along with others on the blog like my sister, Bonnie, too.