Maddie & I had fun making oatmeal cream pies today for a lunch with our friends. I think they're better than the real thing.
Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe
32 min | 20 min prep
SERVES 12 , 2 dozen
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons very hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, cream margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add to the creamed mixture; mix in the oats.
- Drop dough by TBS on ungreased sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes,or until just starting to brown around the edges.
- They will look moist; don't overcook.
- While the cookies bake prepare the filling.
- In small bowl, disolve the salt in the hot water.
- Allow this to cool.
- Combine marshmallow cream, shortning, powdered sugar, and vanilla in med bowl; mix on hi until fluffy.
- Add the cooled salt water and mix well.
- Spread filling on flat side of one cookie, press 2nd cookie on top.