Sunday, July 13, 2008

Strawberry Pizza


I had a bunch of strawberries in my freezer that I needed to use, so I've been looking for a good recipe to use them in. Yesterday I was looking at some food blogs & I came across a new one that is a new favorite. (It's the new Home Based Mom one on the front of my blog page). She had a strawberry pizza recipe that looked awesome. The crust was WAY easier than the fruit pizza I usually make & it was so much easier to just use one kind of fruit. It was super easy & a delicious Summer dessert.


Strawberry Pizza
Crust:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
Filling:
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Topping;
1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
8 - 10 strawberries sliced.
Crust:
In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter. Form into a ball with hands and press into a 14 inch ungreased pizza pan (I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone)
Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.
Filling:
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice. Spread on cooled crust.
Topping:
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch. Simmer until thick and glossy. Cool. Spread on top of cream cheese filling.
Cut fresh strawberries crosswise to make rounds that resemble pepperoni, place on pizza and serve

No comments: