Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Omlet in a bag


A friend of mine sent me an email with directions for how to boil an omlet in a a bag. I thought...genius! We tried it last Saturday. I think it's a great idea, but it didn't turn out as delicious as I had hoped. It was super easy though! You just put 2 eggs in a ziplock & mush them around. Then add whatever you like in your omlet, peppers, cheese, ham, etc. Then you get all the air out & seal it. Put a pot of water on the stove & when it's at a roaring boil you put the bags in & boil them for 13 minutes. The eggs were slightly undercooked in the middle, so I put them in the microwave for 30 seconds. The taste was great, the texture was just a little spongy. I think it's definitely worth another try & would be nice when family is in town so everyone can make their own & then they're all done at the same time. Has anyone else tried this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have done there, I agree they do get a bit spongy. I usually put a bit of salsa and cheese in mine and then they seem better.