Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shrimp Tacos


I decided to make shrimp tacos tonight for the first time. They were really good. Almost perfect, but not completely perfect. I will have to work on it more. I breaded the shrimp in 1 c flour mixed with 1 t chili powder & 1 t old bay, then put it in milk & finally panko bread crumbs before cooking it in a skillet with a little olive oil. Then for the cabbage slaw I chopped about 1/2 head of red cabbage & mixed it with half a red onion, & then added a dressing made of 1/4 c olive oil, 2 T rice vinegar, 2 T lime juice, 2 T sugar, dash salt, dash pepper. I put the shrimp in a warm corn tortilla, topped it with some cabbage & then topped that with a mixture of 2 avocados mashed, 1/4 t garlic powder, 1/4 t fajita seasoning & 2 T sour cream. I served the tacos with rice mixed with black beans, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder to taste.

No comments: